- obama: *authorizes drones to bomb the middle east*
- obama: *authorizes the NSA to spy on Americans*
- obama: *drastically expands the size of the federal government while infringing on everyone's liberties*
- obama: *makes a quirky pop-culture reference*
- tumblr: You don't have to like his policies, but you gotta admit we have the coolest president ever!!!!
- government: *passes laws that restrict your freedom and basic rights*
- tumblr: fucking capitalism am i right guys
NSA surveillance has caused American reporters to resort to tactics previously reserved for shadowy folk such as drug dealers. Burner phones, encrypted emails, you name it — all in an effort to protect sources and preserve press freedom.
The First Amendment is under attack in the U.S. and no one gives a shit.
Of course they’re never going to ‘come after’ you if all you do is indulge in meaningless class warfare and pop culture — that’s exactly what a central authoritarian government wants from you. You are distracted and you simply don’t care.
'They aren't coming for me, I have nothing to hide'
Sometimes I doubt whether you have anything worth protecting, either.
loitering is basically the illegal act of existing while not spending money
isn’t capitalism fun
hey so I hope you don’t mind if I bring all my friends over to your house to chill out in the front yard and smoke and talk loudly thanks for being intellectually consistent.